- Involve collection, counting, auditing and banking in cash (coins and notes)
- Time-consuming, error prone and costly to perform
Automation – Ticketing System
- Automatic issuing of tickets at the carpark entry
- Collection of fees using unmanned payment machines that accept notes and coins
- Expensive to implement, own and maintain
- Auditing and banking process are still required which are time-consuming processes.
Automation – Cashcard System
- In Singapore, with the widespread use of the cashcard to pay for road tolls (advantages – one card for multiple use)
- Automation of the backend auditing and physical collection, counting and banking in of cash.